The Mega128 Microcontroller Board (mega128.3)
This very versatile kit comes to you preassembled and ready to run on your TekBot (sold separately) or with other projects you might have. This system has an Atmel Mega128 processor and lots of peripherals including IR transmission and an LCD display.
- ECE 323 - Electronics II
- ECE 375 - Introduction to Computer Organization & Assembly
- ECE 473 - Microprocessor System Design
- 16 Million Instructions per Second (MIPS)
- 128Kb of Programmable Flash
- Onboard 2X16 Character LCD Sceen
- RS232 Compatible Serial Port
- All Port Pins Accessible
Included in Kit
- (1) AVR Mega 128 Micro Controller Board
- (1) 2X16 Character LCD Sceen w/ attached header
- (1) usb programming dongle w/ both cables
- (1) Lab and Usage Manual
- Mega 128 User Guide - This guide covers the hardware elements of the mega128.2 board and gives the default test code used for testing the board as a reference. Look here to understand the features and how to use the mega128.2 board.
- Mega 128 Starter Guide - This guide can be used to help get staring using the mega128 board with AVR studio 4, programming in assembly.
- AVR Instruction Set - This document for Atmel covers all of the assembly instructions for the AVR series of microcontrollers.
- Parts List - Parts list for the Mega 128 board.
- Mega 128 Silk Screen - The Silk Screen for the Mega 128 microcontroller board
- Mega 128 Board Schematic - The schematic for the Mega 128 microcontroller board.
- AMega128 Datasheet (Atmel) - This is the ATMega128 microcontroller datasheet. (C)Atmel.
- CodeVision AVR Test Code - This code can be used with CodeVision AVR to test all of the functions of the mega128.2 board. For full testing, you need to have the send and receive of the UART/RS232 port connected together, and the IR and UART jumpers inserted. Follow the directions displayed on the LCD to test the device.
- AVR gcc Test Code - This code can be used with AVR gcc to test all of the functions of the mega128.1 board. For full testing, you need to have the send and receive of the UART/RS232 port connected together, and the IR and UART jumpers inserted. Follow the directions displayed on the LCD to test the device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: My LCD is hard to read / can only be read from an angle / displays nothing at all.
Answer: Adjust the contrast control on the board. This is located to the left of the LCD on the main board on the mega128 board. Insert a small flat screwdriver into the potentiometer, and turn. Be gentle, and be sure you think the LCD should be displaying something.
Question: My LCD is still hard to read, and I have adjusted the contrast.
Answer: The mega128 boards can run reliably on as little as a 5 volt wall adapter or 3.5 volt battery connection, but the LCD will be dim and difficult to read. Verify the voltage being supplied to the mega128 board.
Question: My LCD does not display anything.
Answer: Be sure your LCD is enabled. Jumper J12 needs to be inserted on the mega128.2 board, and J21 on the mega128.1 board.
Question: When I try to use the test code, the compiler says that there is a library missing!
Answer: Be sure you are using the proper test code for the compiler you are using. You should use either CodeVision AVR, or AVR gcc.