The Lattice software used in this lab works best on Windows. If you are using a Mac and would like to use your own machine for the lab, you'll need to either dual boot or virtualize Windows. Below are the resources needed to virtualize Windows on Mac.
As a student at OSU you have access to a temporary license for both Windows (7 or 8), and VMware Fusion. To get the Windows license and the Windows image:
1. Go here and sign in to TEACH with your engineering information: https://secure.engr.oregonstate.edu:800 ... =want_auth
2. On the navigation panel on the right, click Microsoft Dreamspark Login.
3. Choose either Windows 7 or 8 (it's your choice, either should work fine).
4. Follow the instructions to download your desired Windows image and attain your license key.To get VMware Fusion, the virtualization software:
1. Again, go here and sign in to TEACH (if you are not already signed in): https://secure.engr.oregonstate.edu:800 ... =want_auth
2. On the navigation panel on the right, click VMware Academic Site Login.
3. Choose VMware Fusion 5 or 6 (your choice, either should work fine).
4. Follow the instructions to download VMware Fusion and license it.
To create the virtual machine, open VMware Fusion and click File > New. Then follow the on screen instructions to configure the machine (note: you'll need the Windows image file downloaded earlier). The default configuration settings should work fine for our needs, but feel free to configure it however you see fit.
If you have any problems with this procedure please comment and I will adjust it to be more clear.