EECS Graduation Celebration
Friday, June 14, 2019
Event starts at 3:30 p.m.
Reception following at the CH2M Hill Alumni Center
Gill Coliseum (map)
This event will be streamed live at https://vimeo.com/338960384
Our keynote address will be given by EECS alum Robert Rose, CEO and Co-Founder of Relaible Robotics.
There is no charge for parking, but do not park in metered/reserved spaces or lots marked R1/R2.
Student Registration: Like completing your degree, there are a few steps to complete.
- Register here for the June 14 EECS Graduation Celebration by May 31.
- This is a public event. Participants will be photographed/videoed.
- Check-in at Gill Coliseum on Friday, June 14 between 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Other important details about EECS Graduation Celebration:
- This event is just for Computer Science (CS) and Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) graduates.
- Students who have graduated or will be graduating in Summer 2018, Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Spring 2019, Summer 2019, Fall 2019, or Winter 2020 are welcome to participate.
- Students can choose to participate in the June 15 university-wide commencement, the EECS Graduation Celebration, or both. Diplomas are only awarded at university commencement.
- This is a cap and gown ceremony. Graduation caps and gowns can be purchased from the Beaver Store, or borrow one from a friend. Be sure to order an orange tassel. Graduate students must also purchase a hood.
Please contact us at least two weeks in advance should you or your guests need any special accommodations.
- Doors open at 2 pm. Guests should arrive early and be prepared to wait out in the weather. Seating is first come, first served. Wear comfortable shoes. You will likely have to wait in line.
- Expect all bags (purses, diaper bags, camera bags, etc.) to be searched by security. To speed entry into Gill, travel light.
- Do NOT bring these items to Gill.
- Balloons – minimum fine of $150/balloon
- Wrapped gifts
- Please be advised, this is an athletics venue. Guest seating is not built for comfort.
- This is a public event. Participants will likely be photographed/videoed.
- There are no concessions. There is a reception afterwards at the CH2M Hill Alumni Center.
- It’s our understanding water bottles and unopened bottled water are permitted.
- Dutch Brothers is on 26th, across from the Coliseum.
- Parking is free in most lots except in metered/reserved parking spaces. Do not park in R1/R2 lots.
- Please contact us at least two weeks in advance should you need any special accommodations.
- The Office of the Registrar can provide a Commencement Visa Letter to international students participating in the Commencement ceremony, in order for those students and/or their family members to obtain visas from their country's US Embassy. The Commencement Visa Letter verifies the student's graduation status, ceremony date and attendance information, and a list of invited family members.