Important notice: The School of EECS admits students for Fall term only.
The Fall 2017 admission cycle is now open. However, please note, the deadline to apply for priority review was January 15, 2017. Applications submitted after this deadline date will NOT receive priority review and will NOT be automatically reviewed for admission/funding. If space permits, applications received after the January 15th deadline date might be considered at the end of the priority application review.
To become an Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science graduate student you must be admitted to Oregon State University through both the Graduate School and the School of EECS.
- The faculty in EECS examine the material submitted to determine adequacy of academic background and to decide whether facilities in the School are adequate for the expressed aims of the student.
- The Graduate School will determine whether the general university conditions for admission have been met.
Applicants will be notified by the Graduate School as to the action taken. A critical consideration in the decision is whether the applicant's academic objectives can be satisfactorily fulfilled. EECS does not have the capacity to accommodate all applicants who meet the minimum admission requirements. Minimum admission requirements can be found here: http://eecs.oregonstate.edu/future-students/graduate/general-application-information.
For more information on funding opportunities, please see our Funding page.
Applying for Admission
1. Materials that must be submitted electronically
OSU Admission Application
The OSU on-line application must be completed in full, including a Statement of Objectives and a CV/resume (part of the online application). OSU applications are submitted at https://oregonstate.force.com/AppLogin.
Paper applications are not accepted.
- Application for Graduate Admission: https://oregonstate.force.com/AppLogin
- Fee: $75 USD for domestic students and $85 USD for international students by credit card (part of online application)
In order for our application to be complete, the following information must be submitted in the online application:
- Research Interest Areas: You must apply to a particular research interest area, not just to CS or ECE. (Students who wish to participate in the Software Innovation Track, rather than research, should refer to http://eecs.oregonstate.edu/future-students/graduate/ms-cs-innovation for instructions on completing this section.)
- Recommendation Letters: You must provide the names and email addresses of three professional references as part of the online application. The references will be emailed instructions on how to submit their letters.
- GRE: You must self-report your scores and upload a copy of your scores to your application. Scores must be no older than 5 years at the time when your graduate studies start.
- TOEFL/IELTS: International students must self-report their scores and upload a copy of their scores to their application. Scores must be no older than 2 years at the time when graduate studies start.
- Course Equivalency Form (required for CS applicants only): You must fill out the Course Equivalency Form as part of the online application.
- Statement of Objectives - Please upload as a PDF to your online application.
- Resume/CV - Please upload as a PDF to your online application.
- Grade Point Average (GPA): You must self report your overall GPA.
- Past University/Past Degree/Past Major: If you are currently studying for a MS or PhD, you must enter information about your past degree.
- Current University: You must enter the name of your current school.
***Unofficial copies of your test scores and transcripts are required and need to be uploaded to your application (we do not accept web printouts or kiosk copies). Please note that all documents must be in PDF format and under 10 MB in size.
2. Materials that must be submitted by mail only after official admission notification should be sent to:
Mail the following to: Graduate School, Oregon State University, 300 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis, OR 97331-2106, USA; 541-737-4881; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts: One official transcript from all previous academic work, undergraduate and graduate (grade slips, web printable transcripts, or reports will not be accepted). To be official transcripts must be issued directly by the school and arrive in our office in an unopened envelope.
Note: MAIS applicants must submit five photocopies of all transcripts.
Note: Current and former Oregon State University students are not required to provide OSU transcripts.
International Official academic records: Oregon State requires official academic records and statements of all degrees earned from all institutions attended after high school. Academic records should arrive in our office in a sealed envelope issued by the school and should bear the original stamp or seal of the school official responsible for issuing such records, such as the registrar or controller of exams for that institution. Faxed, scanned, and notarized copies are not considered official and will not be accepted. Records certified by lecturers, professors, or any other school officials who do not hold primary responsibility for maintaining the academic records of the institution will not be accepted.
Translations: Academic records from non-US institutions are expected to be in an official language of the country in which they were earned. English language translations are also required. We will accept literal (not interpretative) English translations from any qualified translator, and they should be sent in addition to (not in lieu of) the official academic record.
Note for applicants from India: Where possible, Oregon State requires the annual mark sheets and degree statements issued and certified by the university issuing the degree, not the affiliated or constituent college attended. Mark sheets issued by colleges are accepted only when university mark sheets are not yet available. Do NOT send intermediate or higher secondary school records.
International applicants must also upload the following documents with the application materials:
- One photocopy of official TOEFL or IELTS scores. If admitted, official scores must be received by the Graduate School prior to the start of your first term of enrollment.
- One photocopy of official GRE scores. If admitted, official scores must be received by the Graduate School prior to the start of your first term of enrollment.
- Financial certificate with supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. (International applicants, please read Finances and Funding for International Students at OSU.) The financial certificate can be sent later after the admission decision is made.
Need additional information? Contact: email@example.com