- About Oregon State EECS
- Secret Sauce
- News & Publications
- Life in Corvallis
- Our Building
- Visit Us
- Building a CS Online Degree Program for Post-Baccs
- Research and Innovation
- Research Overview
- Research Areas
- Faculty Research Profiles
- Technology Transfer
- Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Online Library
- Industry Relations
- My EECS
Apply to EECS
Important notice: The School of EECS primarily admits students Fall term only. If you are applying for a term other than Fall term, please contact EECS faculty to see if they will consider your application before you apply; otherwise, your application will not be considered. We do not have a rolling admission!
The application period for Fall 2014 admission is now CLOSED.
The deadline to apply was January 15, 2014! The Fall 2015 application period will open in early September 2014.
To become an Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science graduate student you must be admitted to Oregon State University through both the Graduate School and the School of EECS.
- The faculty in EECS examine the material submitted to determine adequacy of academic background and to decide whether facilities in the School are adequate for the expressed aims of the student.
- The Graduate School will determine whether the general university conditions for admission have been met.
Applicants will be notified by the Graduate School as to the action taken. A critical consideration in the decision is whether the applicant's academic objectives can be satisfactorily fulfilled. EECS does not have the capacity to accommodate all applicants who meet the minimum admission requirements. Minimum admission requirements can be found here: http://eecs.oregonstate.edu/graduate-students/prospective-students/general-application-information
Applying for Admission
1. Materials that must be submitted electronically
Note: this is a two-part application process.
OSU Admission Application
The OSU on-line application must be completed in full, including a Statement of Objectives (part of the online application). OSU applications are submitted at http://infosu.oregonstate.edu/apply.
Paper applications are not accepted.
- Application for Graduate Admission: online application form
- Fee: $60 by credit card (part of online application)
- EECS Admission Application
Next, the EECS online application must be completed and submitted https://secure.oregonstate.edu/gradapp/.
In order for our application to be complete, the following information must be submitted in the EECS online application:
- Research Interest Areas: You must apply to a particular research interest area, not just to CS or ECE.
- Recommendation Letters: You must provide the names and email addresses of three professional references as part of the online application. The references will be emailed instructions on how to submit their letters.
- GRE: You must self-report your scores. You must also send your scores to OSU (see #2 below). Scores must be no older than 5 years at the time when your graduate studies start.
- TOEFL/IELTS: You must self-report your scores. You must also send your scores to OSU (see #2 below). Scores must be no older than 2 years at the time when your graduate studies start.
- Course Equivalency Form (required for CS applicants only): You must fill out the Course Equivalency Form as part of the online application.
- Grade Point Average (GPA): You must self report your overall GPA and scale (i.e. 3.75/4.00 or 90/100).
- Past University/Past Degree/Past Major: If you are currently studying for a MS or PhD, you must enter information about your past degree.
- Current University: You must enter the name of your current school.
Unofficial copies of your test scores and transcripts should be uploaded to your application. The upload function is available 24 hours after submitting your OSU application. To upload your documents:
Login to the online application system using the web ID and PIN you created at: http://infosu.oregonstate.edu/apply.
Next, you should see your application under "Processed Applications." Click on your application and you will see a summary list of your personal contact information, degree information and required application documents. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a button that says, “Upload documents.” Click this and you can begin to upload supporting documents for your application; please note that all documents must be in PDF format and under 2 MB in size.
2. Materials that must be submitted by mail (only after admission) should be sent to:
Mail the following to: Graduate School, Oregon State University, 300 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis, OR 97331-2106, USA; 541-737-4881; email@example.com.
- Transcripts: One official transcript from all previous academic work, undergraduate and graduate (grade slips and web printable transcripts or reports will not be accepted). To be official transcripts must be issued directly by the school and arrive in our office in an unopened envelope.
Note: MAIS applicants must submit five photocopies of all transcripts.
Note: Current and former Oregon State University students are not required to provide OSU transcripts.
International Official academic records: Oregon State requires official academic records and statements of all degrees earned from all institutions attended after high school. Academic records should arrive in our office in a sealed envelope issued by the school and should bear the original stamp or seal of the school official responsible for issuing such records, such as the registrar or controller of exams for that institution. Faxed, scanned, and notarized copies are not considered official and will not be accepted. Records certified by lecturers, professors, or any other school officials who do not hold primary responsibility for maintaining the academic records of the institution will not be accepted.
Translations: Academic records from non-US institutions are expected to be in an official language of the country in which they were earned. English language translations are also required. We will accept literal (not interpretative) English translations from any qualified translator, and they should be sent in addition to (not in lieu of) the official academic record.
Note for applicants from India: Where possible, Oregon State requires the annual mark sheets and degree statements issued and certified by the university issuing the degree, not the affiliated or constituent college attended. Mark sheets issued by colleges are accepted only when university mark sheets are not yet available. Do NOT send intermediate or higher secondary school records.
International applicants must also send the following documents with the application materials:
- One photocopy of official TOEFL or IELTS scores. If admitted, official scores must be received by the Graduate School prior to the start of your first term of enrollment.
- One photocopy of official GRE scores. If admitted, official scores must be received by the Graduate School prior to the start of your first term of enrollment.
- Financial certificate with supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. (International applicants, please read Finances and Funding for International Students at OSU.) The financial certificate can be sent later after the admission decision is made.
Need additional information? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org