- Registration is free, but you must pre-register by Tuesday, December 3rd to participate.
- Which other organizations will be at this event?
See our About Companies page
- Who should we send to the Career Showcase?
You may have up to two people – at least one must have a technical background.
- Tell me about the audience.
This event is for Oregon State students pursuing their postbaccalaureate degree in computer science online through OSU Ecampus. These students already have a bachelor's degree and are taking a second bachelor's degree in computer science. Most are non-traditional students. (The average age is around 29.) For information on this program, visit: http://eecs.oregonstate.edu/online-cs-students
- Tell me about the OSU Ecampus computer science program
The OSU Ecampus computer science program is a postbaccalaureate program delivered 100% online by OSU Ecampus, a nationally ranked provider of online education. This 60-quarter credit program provides individuals interested in changing careers or advancing in their current field an opportunity to learn from world-class faculty who specialize in computer programming, software engineering, mobile and web development and more.
All online courses are taught by our Oregon State faculty.
- Do you have more details about what happens in the afternoon? (See agenda)
- Each company will give a 60-second pitch on their company to the students in the audience. (No slides)
- Share your name and the name of your organization?
- What your organization/makes does?
- Where your offices are located?
- During the networking session, you will meet with small groups of students (both upper-division and lower division) meeting for six 15-minute sessions. During those sessions, be prepared to share about your organization and please also bring some quick technical questions with you.
- There are also opportunities to connect with students during lunch as well as the breaks.
- Your company is also welcome to meet with individual students afterward.
- What do I need to bring?
We will supply 6' tables, 2 chairs, table cloth, and signage. You are welcome to bring whatever you like, but please keep in mind there isn't a lot of room. Most people bring brochures. Check out a video from our previous Career Showcase, to get an idea of the event venue and the students involved.
- What is the dress code?
- Where is the hotel?
The Washington Square Embassy Suites is located at 9000 SW Washington Square Rd, Tigard, Oregon, 97223 (503-644-4000). To view a map with directions, click here.
The hotel offers free parking.
- What is the schedule? The Career Showcase is from 8 am - 5 pm on December 16th.
For more information, contact us.