1) How many people from our company should attend the Networking Night?
We recommend bringing 2 people. But you can bring as many as you like - just be aware they may have to stand.
2) Who will be at the event?
Students majoring in the following areas are encouraged to attend:
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
This networking event offers informal time to connect with the students, followed by five break-out sessions where you'll meet with smaller groups of students who have signed up to learn more about your organization. The meeting space is also informal - you'll be meeting in labs, classrooms and conference rooms.
Along with the students, other organizations are registering for Networking Night. To see who has registered so far, click on the About Companies link.
3) Do the students sign up to meet us? Or do we get to pick who we meet with?
The students will sign up to meet with you. Students typically are assigned to the companies that most interest them, but occasionally, students who cannot be placed with their first-choice company may be assigned to another group.
Expect to meet with five groups of students during the evening, plus those you mingle with during the widely attended student reception.
4) What is the format for the breakout sessions?
Please budget half of your time for sharing about your company, and the other half for connecting with students. The primary goal is for students to gain information that will help them learn about their employment (and internship) options and make informed decisions.
5) How much is government rate?
Government rate is $500.
6) My company is an INSPiRE Industrial Affiliate. What else do we need to do?
A space has already been reserved for your company and you will receive a resume book, but each representative attending the event must register. (To register, click on the Company Registration link.)
7) We would like a resume book.
Resume books are only available to INSPiRE Industrial Affiliates.
8) I have questions about the Engineering Career Fair.
Contact Career Services at (541) 737-4085 or visit Career Development Center website
9) Do I need a parking permit?
Campus parking is free after 5 pm. If you plan to arrive before 5 pm, please contact us.
10) What is the dress code?
11) I need a hotel.
Many of our guests prefer
- Hilton Garden Inn located on the edge of campus, (541) 752-5000
- Comfort Suites, (541) 753-4320
- Holiday Inn Express, (541) 752-0800
12) What topics should we discuss with the students?
The primary goal here is to share information with the students that will help them learn about their employment (and internship) options and make informed decisions. As you think about your discussion angles you may want to consider:
- Share general information about your organization. What do the students know about your company?
- How would you describe your company's culture?
- How big is your organization?
- If your organization is not in Oregon, describe what your region is like.
- What kinds of engineers/scientists do you hire within your organization and what do those employees do?
- If your organization has multiple sites (in different geographic locations), what are the opportunities and expectations for employee transfers among sites?
- Describe the benefits of joining your company.
- Tell students what your organization looks for in a prospective recruit.
- What general pointers can you give the students for interviewing? What kinds of questions should they ask employers, etc.
- What kind of background or experience do you look for from new college grads or in intern candidates?
- Are you hiring? What job openings or internships do you have and how do people apply?
- Give the students advice on creating an effective resume and interviewing tips.
- Share with them advice you wish someone had shared with you when you were a student.
13) What other ways can I engage students in the School of EECS?
See our Industry Events Calendar for information on our events designed to help you meet our Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering students!