IT @ KEC
Windows Printing Instructions for 64-bit Windows 7 and Vista
- Windows 7 or higher
- Attached to the EECS network or OSU_Access/Secure wireless network
- Have an OSU EECS computing account
- From the Start menu in the box labeled "Search programs and files," type in \\aurora.eecs.oregonstate.edu and press Enter.
- You will be prompted for your EECS username and password. Make sure to specify:
password: your EECS password
Click OK, choose to save password if you wish (this is recommended).
- That should bring up a list of printers. Close this window.
- From the Start Menu, select "Devices and Printers."
- At the top of the screen, click "Add Printer".
- Click "Add Local Printer".
- Choose "Create a New Port", select "Local Port", and click Next.
- For the port name, use \\aurora.eecs.oregonstate.edu\printername where "printername" is the is the printer you want to print to. 
Ex: for KEC 1140 printer, type \\aurora.eecs.oregonstate.edu\kec1140
- For all KEC black and white printers, the model is a LaserJet 9050 or M806. Choose HP as the Manufacturer and "HP LaserJet 9050 PCL 5" or "HP M806" as the printer.
Note that you may need to click "Windows Update" if the 9050/M806 doesn't show. KEC color printers use the "HP Color LaserJet 4700" driver.
- If you already have that driver installed, you will be asked if you want to use an existing driver or replace the driver. Unless you have a reason, choose to use the existing driver.
- Change the name to something meaningful to identify the printer. You may also choose to set it as your default printer.
- After clicking Next, you should get a confirmation page that the printer has been added. You should be able to print a test page at this point.