IT @ KEC
How to Reset your OSU EECS Windows Roaming Profile
To reset your OSU EECS Windows Roaming Profile:
- Get logged out of all EECS Windows computers (including remote desktop connections)
- Open an SSH client from a Solaris/Unix workstation or laptop and SSH to:
- Once logged in, use the command:
mv ~/Windows.Profile/profile ~/profile.bk
the above above command moves part of your Profile to profile.bk (for a backup)
- Reboot the Windows computer you want to log in to (without logging in to it)
- Log in to your computer using your EECS Windows username/password - a new profile will be created
- Be sure to go back to the "profile.bk" directory in your home directory and copy/remove files not needed to clear disk space.
- If you still have problems, please contact as we may need to log in with administrative credentials and remove cached copies of your profile.