IT @ KEC
How to Display Unix X Applications to Windows
- Windows XP Professional or Home
- Attached to the EECS network, OSU_PUB wireless network, or home Internet connection
- Have an OSU EECS computing account
- Windows X-server software such as Reflection X
- Windows SSH software such as SSH.com's Windows SSH Application
Part 1: SSH Application
- Open the SSH Application (Start Menu -> Programs -> SSH Secure Shell -> Secure Shell Client)
- From the Edit Menu select Settings
- Select "Profile Settings" then "Tunnelling"
- Make sure "Tunnel X11 connectinos" is checked
- Click OK to save settings
Part 2: Reflection X
- Open Reflection X
- Let Reflection X sit, but don't quit the application or open any windows in Reflection
Part 3: Back to SSH
- Select File Menu -> Quick Connect:
Host Name: nome.eecs.oregonstate.edu
User Name: username 
- if prompted, click "Yes" for 'Host Identification'
- Password: your OSU EECS Unix/Linux password 
- From the command line, open your X-application such as matlab or icfb or xclock.
- Display from SSH is sent to the Reflection-X application left running
-  - your normal EECS username.
-  - this is the password you would use to log in to a Solaris or Linux computer on the EECS network.