- About EECS
- The EECS Experience
- Research Overview
- Research Areas
- Faculty Research Profiles
- Research Facilities
- Technology Transfer
- Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Online Library
- Industry Relations
EECS Weekly News - August 1, 2011
August 1, 2011
NOT NEWS, BUT OF INTEREST
Intel is adding jobs again, seeking new skills from a new generation
Intel is hiring again, growing its work force for the first time in five years. Coming off its best year ever, the company is building new factories in Hillsboro and Arizona, and ramping up for more record sales. As Intel readies itself for a new generation of technology, it's casting itself as a company committed to developing new generations of technology and seeking a new generation of worker to create it. The Oregonian
This year's Bard in the Quad performance is As You Like It, a favorite comedy. It's set in the forest of Arden, and tells the tale of several misguided lovers who finally find their perfect matches and true love. This classic features some of the Bard's best characters and quotes, and some lovely songs. Computer science student Andrew Atkinson plays Orlando, and computer science grad student Gibby Reynolds is the production manager. Performance dates are August 3-7 and August 10-14. Details
Only one month until the deadline for winter term (January start) internships abroad!
With only one month until the winter term deadline for an international internship, now is the time to kick off your flip flops and get to work on your application. Over 140 internships are available around the world - from a new internship in Vietnam to an entry level career internship in Mexico City. IE3 scholarships make it more affordable than ever before. Details
Submit your talk for SAO's TechIgnite!
If you had just five minutes to showcase your cutting-edge products, technologies, or methodologies, what would you say? Ignite is a fast-paced geek event where speakers share their personal and professional passions via 20 PowerPoint slides each auto-advancing every 15 seconds, giving each speaker exactly 5 minutes of fame. It's a high-energy evening of 5-minute talks by local people who have an idea - and the guts to get onstage and finally give that "elevator speech" we've all been told we need but rarely get to give. Submit your talk before August 15th.
Friday, August 12, 10am-noon, KEC 1007. PhD Final Oral Examination - Ramin Zanbaghi. Major Advisor: Terri Fiez; Co-Major Advisor: Gabor Temes; Committee: Pavan Hanumolu, Karti Mayaram; GCR: Thomas Schmidt. "Design Techniques for Low-Power High-Bandwidth High-Resolution Delta-Sigma Analog-to-Digital."
Recent job postings on Beaver JobNet
Students must apply through Beaver JobNet to access/apply for the postings. Using their onid accounts, students/alums can log in here: https://oregonstate-csm.symplicity.com/students/. Any issues with Beaver JobNet, contact Cheryl.L.Herring@oregonstate.edu.
- C++/Java Consultant Junior - International | PCO Innovation
- Catia V5 Consultant Junior - International | PCO Innovation
- ProEngineer Consultant Junior -International | PCO Innovation
- Software Engineer | Explorys
- Web Application Developer | Graphic Products, Inc.
- Intern (Front-End Engineering) | Puppet Labs
- Network Engineer | Douglas Fast Net
- C# .Net Developer | WestWide Corporation
- Engineer Extraordinaire | Expensify, Inc.
- Software Professionals in Java J2EE, C# .Net, DBA's, Virtualization | GSS Infotech
- C# Developer | CampusPoint
Network System Coordinator, Hood River County School District. Extensive knowledge of: Unix, Windows and OSX server operating systems, network and telecommunication systems, current database application and the related utilities including SQL and open source products. Details
Micron is seeking a talented hardware design engineer to work in our SSD group in Boise, ID. The responsibilities would be testing and verifying designs, updating schematics, bills of materials, and variants as needed during a product lifetime, and designing new boards for production, testing, and development. Details
Associate Business Manager, Maxim Integrated Products. This is a position for an applications engineer or design engineer who wants to move into a business role. The Associate Business Manager is the first step in the Maxim Business Manager (BM) track where you are able to run and grow your own business. The ultimate objective is to aggressively grow revenue to make Maxim the leader in chosen target markets, while maintaining acceptable profitability. The successful Associate Business Manager is a no-holds barred individual who assists in coordinating new product opportunities and markets existing portfolio opportunities between customers and design teams to fuel Maxim's growth plans. Details
Software position, D1C Automation at Intel. Responsible for developing and supporting applications for the Intel Factories. Candidate should be responsible for Automation applications and/or infrastructure including Requirements analysis, Implementation, Troubleshooting and support of software applications and software systems. This candidate will be primarily responsible for development, installation, configuration, testing, debugging, and supporting applications as part of the Development and Support team. This position also requires proficiency in developing and implementing monitors for applications and databases, Transfer of the applications to other factories and sustaining support. Details
C# Developer. New applications and changes to existing applications - C#, ASP.Net, Silverlight. Troubleshooting and resolution of all level of application problems. Assist with software and database projects when needed. Reporting, administrative, business requirements, unit testing, misc duties. Details
Software Development Intern. Join a very dynamic and technically advanced Engineering Services team. You will be working with some of the industry’s leading Configuration Management software applications such as Dimensions CM and PVCS Version Manager. You will become a member of our talented organization and be expected to contribute immediately to ensure that we achieve aggressive development schedules through product builds, installer testing and automation. Details
ISITE Design is recruiting junior .NET developers who have recently graduated from college. We want to present these excellent opportunities to computer science graduates who are interested in working for an exciting, growing Portland agency that values leadership, collaboration, professional development and entrepreneurship. .NET Developers at ISITE Design are responsible for the coding of our client's web projects. .NET Developers at ISITE are also involved in estimating, architecting, and documenting the solutions built at ISITE. Details
Lead Programmer and Architect, Adherial, Inc. This position requires the ability to lead development across smart phone platforms. The program is written in Java, but Objective-C and additional languages would be beneficial in this position. Communication and presentation skills must be excellent because this role requires speaking with customers regularly. Details
Director of Networking Services, Information Services, Oregon State University. The Director of Networking Services serves on the senior leadership team for Information Services. This position has four functional areas of responsibility: networking, voice and video communications, data center operations and information security. The Director has authority and responsibility for effective planning and execution of service operations, human and fiscal resources, business relationships, customer service and institutional relationships. Details
Operating Systems-Network Analyst, Information Services-Telecommunication, Oregon State University. his position functions within a team-based management environment to provide analytical & operational support, and management services for MCS conferencing & collaboration systems, networks, & services. This position coordinates administration, maintenance, and support for audio, video, web conferences, & MCS Core Network and endpoint codec devices of assigned managed fleets. This position analyzes customer needs, & designs conference & collaboration solutions based upon those needs assessments; then develops, implements, & coordinates relative solutions for OSU, associated locations, state agencies, or other customers as contracted. Details
Info Technology Consultant, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Oregon State University. This position will assist another IT Consultant in support and training to students, staff, and coaches on information technology-based systems in the application of basic software, multimedia and database resources. This position will also assist in the upkeep and maintenance of hardware and the rotation of resources in the department. Troubleshooting and assisting staff with computer issues will also be a major portion of this individual's work. Details
Operating Systems/Network Analyst, College of Science Information Network, Oregon State University. This position is to support the web development/Linux/Unix needs of College of Science Information Network department (COSINe) and COSINe clients, and to provide web site development services using the COS content management system and scripting tools. Because *nix servers act as platforms for most of the vital IT services in the College of Science, this is a critical role in the COSINe unit. This position also supports various applications running on Linux/Unix servers and provides user support as needed. Details
Don't forget to check out the AfterCollege job site, tailored especially for our EECS students. Sample jobs:
- Commonwealth Software Commonwealth Software is hiring CS candidates who are currently in possession of their masters or PhD degree. This unique opportunity allows the ideal candidate to work remotely from any location in the US. This is a small operation; however, pay and structure are very flexible.
- Msnbc.com is Hiring an Experienced Mobile App Developer Msnbc.com is looking for an outstanding and experienced mobile application developer/designer to work on established yet high-potential applications for breaking news.
- Like security? Work at AnchorFree AnchorFree has become the most private online media network in the world. CNN and the Wall Street Journal have profiled the companys Hotspot Shield as the worlds only free ad-supported virtual private network.
- BVI Networks is seeking candidates for roles in San Jose, CA BVI Networks is the leader in the emerging Real-Time In-Store Monitoring space. Its RetailNEXT product is designed and purpose-built as a highly scalable platform that enables retailers and manufacturers to collect, analyze and visualize data about what happens inside their stores.
- Ask.com is hiring in Oakland, California - Join the team today At Ask.com, we're the #1 brand focused on answering questions. We answer the questions of over 227 million people worldwide across the Ask Networks. At Ask, we empower each individual to succeed, communicate their ideas, and take action. We are serious about creating & maintaining a great culture and are looking for great people to come join our team.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, and Internship Opportunities with John Deere At John Deere, we're always looking for smart, talented, and skilled people to join us. We have a variety of new full-time, part-time and internship opportunities in the fields of: Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Information Technology, Marketing/Product Support, and Supply Management. We're hiring individuals fresh out of high school, new college grads, and experienced professionals.
- Wall Street Meets Silicon Valley on August 9th Learn about Calypso's specialized new graduate training program (NGT). Discover how we can help you to navigate your journey in finding a rewarding career and achieving your own personal and professional goals. Software engineers apply to our posting online and qualified candidates will be invited to our info-session/interview session on August 9th. Be hired on the spot.
- ADP Advanced Tech Support Specialist II (Portland, OR)
- Alohar Mobile Inc. Director of Systems Engineering (Palo Alto, CA); Senior Systems Engineer (Palo Alto, CA)
- Experis: Formerly COMSYS SDET Exchange and C# (Redmond, WA)
- msnbc.com Mobile Application Developer (Redmond, WA)
- Professional Technical Resources BizTalk Administrator 507-1116 (Portland, OR)
- Skolix LLC Business Analyst, Java programmer (Dallas, TX)
- TaskRabbit Ruby on Rails Engineer (San Francisco, CA)
- Taurus Power & Controls Electrical Power Engineer (Portland, OR)
- The Boeing Company Software Engineer 2 (Kent, WA)
- Adobe Engineering Manager- Creative Suite Solutions Enablement (Seattle, WA)
- ARRIS Group, Inc. Manager, Software Engineering (Beaverton, OR)
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc Oracle Database Administrator, Mid Job (Bremerton, WA)
- Ernst & Young IT Risk & Assurance Manager-Seattle (Seattle, WA); Performance Improvement Manager - IT Advisory - Philadelphia (Seattle, WA)
- Esterline Technologies Corporation Electrical Engineering Manager (Everett, WA)
- Expedia Inc. Software Engineers Job (Bellevue, WA); Reporting & Analysis Manager Job (Bellevue, WA); Manager, Software Development Job (Bellevue, WA)
- Experis: Formerly COMSYS Program Manager - Sharepoint, SQL (Redmond, WA)
- General Dynamics Administrator, Systems (Fort Lewis, WA)
- Globys, Inc. Database Administrator (Seattle, WA)
- Hewlett-Packard Company Technology Consultant V (Seattle, WA)
Want to include an item in this newsletter? Send the info here.