- About EECS
- The EECS Experience
- Research Overview
- Research Areas
- Faculty Research Profiles
- Research Facilities
- Technology Transfer
- Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Online Library
- Industry Relations
December 13, 2011
December 13, 2011
The Innovation Roadtrip is a special opportunity Green RV Roadtrip — just with a little more of a focus. The Green RV Roadtrip is three Roadtrippers joining Roadtrip Nation to hit the Road in our Green RVs and speak with Leaders across the nation to find out the steps they took to get to where they are today. Our film crew documents the experience, which may be part of our documentary series, Roadtrip Nation, on public television and in our educational curricula for middle school and high school students. The trips are typically six consecutive weeks during the months of June, July, or August. Details
The CRA-W/CDC Distributed Research Experiences for Undergraduates (DREU) Program matches promising undergraduates with a faculty mentor for a summer research experience at the faculty member’s home institution. The objective of the DREU is to increase the number of women and students from underrepresented groups, including ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities, entering graduate studies in the fields of computer science and engineering. The DREU experience is invaluable for students who are considering graduate school, providing them with a close-up view of what graduate school is really like and also increasing their competitiveness as an applicant for graduate admissions and fellowships. Details
Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship. This is an exciting opportunity for doctoral students to earn up to four years of financial support while pursuing degrees in fields of study that utilize high-performance computing to solve complex problems in science and engineering. This unique experience allows students to collaborate with the Department of Energy (DOE) laboratories and one another – all the while establishing themselves as members of the larger scientific community that will play an important role in their professional careers. Details
Tuesday, December 13, 9-11am, KEC 3057. MS Final Oral Examination – Aarti Chabra. Major Advisor: Martin Erwig; Committee: Margaret Burnett, Timothy Budd; GCR: Gary Egbert. "Structured Representation of Composite Software Changes." Details
Recent job postings on Beaver JobNet
Students must apply through Beaver JobNet to access/apply for the postings. Using their onid accounts, students/alums can log in here: https://oregonstate-csm.symplicity.com/students/. Any issues with Beaver JobNet, contact Cheryl.L.Herring@oregonstate.edu.
- iOS Platform Developer - C# Apex Systems Inc.
- NET Automation Development Engineer Allion Test Labs
- Bluetooth Test Engineer Allion Test Labs
- Electrical Engineering Intern Linn Coutny General Services
- Jr. Android Developer UIEvolution, Inc.
- Jr. Web Developer UIEvolution, Inc.
- Sr. Android Developer UIEvolution, Inc.
- Sr. Web Developer UIEvolution, Inc.
- Wireless Validation Engineer Allion Test Labs
- Process, Product, or Test Development Engineering Internship @ Pepperl + Fuchs, Singapore SSA Global
- Software Engineer - New Grad Facebook
- Software Engineer, Intern/Co-op Facebook
- Engineering Internship 2012 Biotronik/Micro Systems Engineering
- Software Engineer Vensi Inc
- Associate Business Manager (Apps/Design Engineers) – New College Graduate MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS(Oregon)
- Engineer Extraordinaire Expensify, Inc.
- Industrial Energy Efficiency Analyst/WW2B721C2 OSU Industrial Assessment Center
- JR. QA ENGINEER PreCash, Inc
- Junior Quality Assurance Engineer VTM, Inc.
- Webmaster KMVU-DT FOX 26
Berea College invites applications for a tenure-track position in the computer science and technology programs beginning August 2012. Highest consideration will be given to applicants with a terminal degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer technology, or a related field, and the ability to teach undergraduate courses in hardware-related areas of computer science and computer technology, including computer organization and digital electronics. Details
The Department of Computer Science at The University of Texas at San Antonio has an open tenure/tenure-track position starting in the fall semester of 2012. We are particularly interested in candidates in theory and algorithms as well as computer architecture, with a focus on computer and information security as a cross-cutting concern. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Details
Graduate fellowship opportunity. The HRTeam project at The City University of New York is recruiting a Ph.D. candidate in computer science. We take a multiagent systems approach to challenging human-robot interaction problems. We deploy a team consisting of multiple heterogeneous physical robots, collaborating with humans. Their combined abilities provide diverse functionality and employ innovative coordination and decision-making techniques. The team's world is dynamic, as is the team's composition, and there is a substantial machine learning component based on the FORR cognitive architecture. Details
PROCESSOR ARCHITECT: COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS, NVIDIA. NVIDIA’s CPUs, GPUs and SOCs are among the most complex and efficient processors in the marketplace, and require a detailed understanding of performance and power characteristics relative to competing products. In this role, you will primarily gather and analyze performance and power data for devices ranging from smart phones and tablets to high-performance computing workstations and supercomputers. You should be familiar with multiple operating systems and be able to run benchmarks and applications under different configurations and settings. This would include configuring, troubleshooting different systems, adjusting system parameters/BIOS settings to tune performance, and organizing results for clear analysis. You will directly contribute to the overall efficiency and feature set of our next generation chips and the growth and success of NVIDIA. Details
The Engineering Section of the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History offers the Luecke internship: a part time, ten week internship opportunity for advanced undergraduate or graduate students for the summer of 2012. The internship will: Expose interns to the Museum's rich historical collections in the history of technology and material culture; Provide hands-on experience with engineering collections that document American invention and innovation; Enable emerging professionals to understand, identify, and manage the historical records of American engineering; Train intern to create finding aids to collections documenting engineering history; Engage intern in discussions of museum issues and practices and provide a wide range of professional experiences within the Museum. Details
The Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) is presently recruiting engineering students to be a part of our student development program. The program’s goal is to provide meaningful engineering experience while the student is still enrolled in school and a full time position once the student graduates. Most students work during the summer months with opportunities to work during school if they choose to do so. Once accepted into the program, students are required to complete three rotations in different engineering workgroups. These rotational opportunities are usually done during successive summer breaks and are considered one of the keystone strengths of our program. Work locations are generally in the Portland/Vancouver area with some opportunities in the greater Washington/Oregon region. Details
Operating Systems-Network Analyst, competency level 3 position for Network Services, Open Source Programming at Oregon State University (OSU). Reporting to the Operations Manager of the OSL, the purpose of this position is to provide installation, maintenance, and administration of the server hosting infrastructure at the OSL. Details
Analyst Programmer, International Student and Faculty Services at Oregon State University. The Analyst Programmer works closely with the Director of International Student Services and the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Coordinator to ensure that OSU is compliant with the Department of Homeland Security regulations regarding the enrollment of international students. The Analyst Programmer is responsible for providing and overseeing higher level technical support for immigration and related data systems, engaging in trouble-shooting and research, ensuring systems are in place to provide accurate accounting of data and maintain compliance which encompasses the international student population. Details
Jobs listed through LinkedIn
- System Design Engineer | TRS Staffing Solutions - Corvallis,
- SMB Product Marketing Manager | VTech - Remote/ Virtual or Beaverton, OR
- Web Designer | Rejuvenation - NW Portland
- Software Engineer | ColumbiaSoft Corporation - Portland, Oregon Area
- Senior Manager, Data Center Site Operations | Adobe - Portland, Oregon Area
- Business Intelligence/Reporting Developer | Experis formerly COMSYS - Beaverton, Oregon
- Business Systems Analyst | Experis formerly COMSYS - Beaverton, Oregon
- Software Tester | Experis formerly COMSYS - Wilsonville, Oregon
- Performance Characterization Engineer | Experis formerly COMSYS - Hillsboro, Oregon
- TransCore ASP.NET Software Engineer | TransCore - Beaverton, OR
- Functional Tester - 2+ yrs .NET environment - Vancouver WA only | Hewlett-Packard - Vancouver ,WA
- VSB Technical Support Rep I | Hewlett-Packard - Portland ,OR
- Svc Info Developer II | Hewlett-Packard - Salem ,OR
Don’t forget to check out the AfterCollege job site, tailored especially for our EECS students. Sample jobs:
- New Grad Software Engineer Opportunities Nutanix is seeking to hire Software Engineers, in the realm of distributed systems that thrive on solving hard meaningful problems. If you are a superstar, we want you. We are building a company for the long-term, where generalists who love solving hard computer science problems will flourish.
- Front-End Engineer Opportunity AfterCollege has a new opening in our San Francisco office for a Front-End Engineer. You'll work with designers, product managers, and fellow software developers to build client web components and server-side code. AfterCollege engineers research and develop web technologies to create a better way for students, recent graduates, and alumni to connect directly with employers and hiring managers.
- Internships & New Grad Job Opportunities with NVIDIA NVIDIA currently has new Internship, Co-Op, and New Graduate positions available in the following areas: Software, Hardware, Architecture, Systems and Applications, Technical Marketing, Information Technology. Applicants must be working toward a BS, MS, or PhD in EE, CS, CE, or a related field.
- Adecco Software Programmer (C#/.NET) (Portland, OR)
- adidas America Application Development Coordinator - limited duration (Portland, OR)
- agile enterprise solutions, inc SDET VIDEO AND VOIP - WA (Redmond, WA)
- AmericanWest Bank Network Administrator (Spokane, WA)
- Artech Information Systems, LLC Mainframe/COBOL Software Tester -Lake Oswego, CA (Lake Oswego, OR)
- Convene SCOM Admin for Microsoft in Redmond, WA (Redmond, WA)
- Dell Dell Force10 Enterprise Technical Support Consultant (Seattle, WA)
- Deloitte Manager: Oracle Identity & Access Management (OIM, OAM) (Seattle, WA)
Want to include an item in this newsletter? Send the info here.