Computer science and business are both highly desired, especially when mixed together. Many CS companies start small and these companies need employees that have the basics to help make a company grow successfully. Business is also desirable with CS because it can add management and communication skills to a technological degree. Students that choose this option are setting themselves up for a number of opportunities:
- Students gain the experience to create their own start-up or business.
- Students have the background necessary to work with other smaller companies.
- Students can work with a business advisor to be prepared for an MBA program.
STEPS TO DECLARE OPTION:
- Meet with CS Advisor to discuss and declare the option.
- Review the business minor declaration requirements: THERE IS A REQUIRED ONLINE ORIENTATION!
- Your minor declaration is only reviewed in weeks 2, 6, & 10 in the College of Business
- You must pass all BA courses with a C- or better
- You cannot see a BA advisor if you are not a declared major/minor during weeks 6-10
- The minor is offered online and most courses are offered every term
- If you are interested in an MBA, make sure to plan ahead and make required course substitutions with a BA advisor
- Overrides into BA courses are given by BA advisors, NOT professors
- 2.5 GPA in BA courses required for minor completion
REQUIRED PRE COURSES FOR Pro ENTRANCE (calculated in Pre GPA):
- CS 160
- CS 161
- CS 162
- CS 261
- CS 271
- CS 275
- MTH 231
- MTH 251
- MTH 252
- COMM 111 or 114
- WR 121
- WR 214 or 222
- ECON 201