- Micro-USB port
- 500 mW maximum output power (adjustable)
- SMA connector
- 2-way full-duplex communication through adaptive TDM
- UART interface
- Configurable duty cycle
- Error correction corrects up to 25% of bit errors
- Supply voltage: 3.7-6 VDC (from USB or Molex connector)
- Transmit current: 500 mA at 27 dBm
- Receive current: 25 mA
- Serial interface: 3.3 V UART
Quick Start Guide
This set includes two separate radio modules (with associated cables) that can both transmit and receive data over distances up to a mile. Since they communicate via UART, one can either connect a given module to a microcontroller or to a computer serial port. No FTDI is needed since you can directly connect the radios with a mini USB cable.
- 2 1k resistors
- 1 220 ohm resistor
- 1 LED
- 2 Teensy 2.0
- 1 button
- 1 HKPilot telemetry radio 500mW 915MHz module (transmitter and receiver)
- Female-Female prototyping wires
- Connect the radios to Teensy 2.0's as per the wiring diagram below. The resistors are used to level shift the Teensy's 5V signal in order to not damage the radios.
- Program the Teensy's, one with the transmitter code and one with the receiver code.
- Press the button connected to the transmitting Teensy to light the LED connected to the receiving Teensy.