- About EECS
- The EECS Experience
- Research Overview
- Research Areas
- Research Facilities
- Technology Transfer
- Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Online Library
- Industry Relations
Pins & Plans
Students need a PIN to register for Fall, Winter and Spring terms. You do not need a PIN for Summer courses.
Ways to get a PIN:
- Email: Students with an overall OSU GPA above a 3.0 will receive their Pin by email in 2 of the 3 terms a year.
- Attend a Group Advising Session: 2-3 sessions will be held each term to allow students to learn important information, complete a 2-year plan and receive a PIN.
- Peer Advising: Office hours are posted on the EECS office for each term.
- Schedule an Appt. with an advisor: This can be done ONLINE or at the EECS Office front desk.
View the Academic Calendar Here <link>
Registration by Week of Term
Weeks 1 – 2 of the Term:
- Week 1: Use the standard registration system.
- Week 2: Obtain Instructor Permission – for College of Engineering courses, use the College of Engineering Override Form. For other courses, check with the offering department.
- Drop courses using the standard registration system, no grade will be recorded
- Failure to drop a course properly will result in an F grade being recorded if you do not complete the course requirements.
Weeks 3 – 7 of the Term:
Deadline to Withdraw from Courses
- If dropped during weeks 3-7, a W grade will be recorded on your transcript.
- W grades do not affect your GPA
Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grading Deadline
- To receive an S, pass the course with a C- or better; all grades below C- receive a U.
- S/U grading is an option for non-major-specific courses only. (All EECS required courses must be taken for a letter grade.)
- S/U grading should NOT be substituted for withdrawing from a course if you do not expect to earn a C- or above.
Weeks 5 – 7:
Meet with an Advisor for next term’s registration information.
Weeks 8 – 10:
Withdraw from University
- Withdraw from university = receive a W in all of your courses
- No need to reapply to OSU to continue the following term
- Withdraw from the University any time prior to 5pm of the Friday before finals week.
- In emergency situations with evidence (serious illness, accident, death of a family member) within the last 4 weeks of the term, you may withdraw from the University with incomplete “I” grades in all classes.
Register for Next Term
- Priority registration begins Week 8.
Week 10 – “Dead Week”:
- The week before finals – no major exams are given.
Additional OSU policy information is located in the Undergraduate Catalog, under Academic Regulations.