Electrical Engineering & Computer Science: Where You Can Make a Difference
Come to Oregon State University’s School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science so you can become a leader in solving some of today’s most pressing problems. Electrical engineers and computer scientists are integral in creating the solutions our planet needs to ensure a bright future for all of us!
Electrical and computer engineering (ECE) and computer science (CS) consistently rank in the top 10 majors that earn the highest salaries in the nation.
- The average starting salary for ECE majors is $67,6031
- The average starting salary for CS majors is $65,8491
- You could earn $40,000 on internships while in school
Electrical engineers and computer scientists are integral in creating the solutions we need to ensure a bright future for all of us! You could:
- Save lives by creating new medical devices
- Think of new alternative energy solutions
- Make technology accessible for everyone around the world
- Bring joy to people through entertainment, music, and art
If you are a woman who is accepted to the Oregon State University College of Engineering with a major in ECE or CS, you are eligible to receive a $1,000 scholarship to be used during the 2017-2018 academic year when you enroll.
- Enroll for full-time (minimum 12 credits) for Fall, Winter & Spring quarters during the 2017-18 academic year.
- Have a declared major in Pre-Electrical & Computer Engineering or Pre-Computer Science during the 2017-18 academic year.
Note: Current Engineering students are not eligible to apply. These scholarships are awarded only to incoming first year students.
Applications close on February 15, 2017
1 Fall 2015 National Association of Colleges and Employers Salary Survey