MS and PhD Admission Requirements - Artificial Intelligence
Note: These requirements are in addition to those listed in the Graduate School's application pages.
All documents must be in PDF format and under 10 MB in size.
In order for your application to be complete, the following information must be submitted in the online application:
- Fee: as determined by the Graduate School. The School of EECS does not provide application fee waivers.
- Recommendation Letters: You must provide the names and email addresses of three professional references as part of the online application. The references will be emailed instructions on how to submit their letters.
- Three letters of professional reference are required from former professors or employers familiar with the applicant's technical ability. Particularly valuable are letters that assess the applicant's preparation and ability to complete a research project. Applicants with a master's degree should include the major professor as one reference. Letters must be submitted electronically as part of the online application.
- Statement of Objectives: Please upload as a PDF to your online application.
- Applicants must include a description of their objectives in pursuing an advanced degree. This should be a brief (one page) summary of the applicant's career goals, research interests, and pertinent experience. This information is submitted as part of the OSU online application.
- Resume/CV: Please upload a current copy as a PDF to your online application.
- Academic History: You must enter the information of your current university/degree/major (if attending) and any past university/degree/major.
- Prior Degree: Applicants must have or complete a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university before the start of the term. International students must have completed the equivalent of a four-year US baccalaureate degree.
- Unofficial Transcripts: Applicants must upload unofficial copies of transcripts. Web printouts and kiosk copies are not accepted. Current and former Oregon State University students are not required to provide OSU transcripts.
- Grade Point Average (GPA): You must self-report your overall GPA. The School of EECS requires a minimum “B” average (3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale) on the last two years of undergraduate work and any work completed thereafter.
- Effective July 1, 2008 for Fall 2009 admission or later, if the student has completed his or her baccalaureate degree in a country that is a signatory of the Bologna Declaration, then
- A baccalaureate degree of at least three years duration with a B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) in the last two years, plus all subsequent graded course work;
- A baccalaureate degree of at least three years duration with a two-year (equivalent to 45-quarter credits) graduate degree.
- GRE: GRE scores are not required for admission, but applicants may include GRE scores with their application.
- TOEFL/IELTS: Please refer to the language requirements required by the Graduate School.
Official documentation information can be found on the Graduate School’s website.