Student Registration October 1 - 15 (or until we run out of space). Pre-Registration Required
- Visit Student Registration. If a company you are hoping to connect with does not appear in the drop-down menu, it means that specific company's break-out sessions have already been filled. Please choose a different break-out session.
- Upload your resume. Your file will be only be shared with our Industrial Affiliates.
All EECS students at Oregon State University are invited to submit a resume, even those who are unable to attend the event.
Before the Event
- Research the companies beforehand and come prepared to ask questions. (See the Virtual Booths page.) Visit the companies’ websites and make a list of questions you need answered to know if their company is a possible fit for you. For example: what is their company culture like; what do they look for in a job/intern candidate; what their expectations are for new hires; what is their work-life-balance philosophy; what is their best career advice, etc.
- Apply online at the organizations that interest you. Be aware that when meeting companies, they often ask if you have submitted your resume online.
- Make an appointment with Career Services. They can help sharpen your resume, improve your interviewing skills, and even give you wardrobe tips.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. Having an online profile is just as important as having a hard copy of your resume. (You should have both.) Click here for more information on networking on LinkedIn.
- If you have questions for the employer, prepare a prioritized list. Be aware others have questions too, and you will likely only be able to ask one question at best during the session.
What to Expect @ the Event
- Dress in business casual attire.
- The event is free and online. We plan to use Zoom as our platform.
- Some organizations will ask if you’ve submitted a resume to their company website.
- Use your prioritized list of questions, and also ask for advice. This is your chance to ask questions and learn about the employer Ask industry reps for interview tips, what they look for in a job/intern candidate, what they expect you to achieve in the first year, etc.
- Do NOT leave early unless you have made prior arrangements. Our industry guests are looking forward to meeting you.
After the Event
- Follow up with your new connections on LinkedIn. Share your specific interests and enthusiasm for working at their company. Let them know what job/internship you applied for.