Return to Networking Night homepage
Student Registration Sept. 23 - Oct. 5 (or until we run out of space). Pre-Registration Required
- Visit Student Registration. If a company you are hoping to connect with does not appear in the drop-down menu, it means that specific company's break-out sessions have already been filled. Please choose a different break-out session.
- Upload your resume.
All EECS students at Oregon State University are invited to submit a resume, even those who are unable to attend the event.
Before the Event
- Research the companies beforehand and come prepared to ask questions. (See the Virtual Booths page.) Visit the companies’ websites and make a list of questions you need answered to know if their company is a possible fit for you. For example: what is their company culture like; what do they look for in a job/intern candidate; what their expectations are for new hires; what is their work-life-balance philosophy; what is their best career advice, etc.
- Apply online at the organizations that interest you. Be aware that when meeting companies, they may ask if you have submitted your resume online.
- Make an appointment with Career Services. They can help sharpen your resume, improve your interviewing skills, and even give you advice on what to wear.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. Having an online profile is just as important as having a hard copy of your resume. (You should have both.) Click here for more information on networking on LinkedIn.
- Give careful thought about what might appear on camera during the event.
- If you have questions for the employer, prepare a prioritized list. Be aware others have questions too, and you will likely only be able to ask one question at best during the session.
What to Expect @ the Event
- Wear business casual clothing. Dress as if you were meeting the employer in person.
- The event is free and online. We plan to use Zoom as our platform.
- Some organizations will ask if you’ve submitted a resume to their company website.
- Use your prioritized list of questions, and also ask for advice. This is your chance to ask questions and learn about the employer. What do you need to know before applying? What do the representatives wish they had known before applying?
- Employers will likely expect you to have your camera on during their Zoom session.
- Do NOT miss your Zoom appointments unless you have made prior arrangements. The employers want to meet you.
After the Event
- Follow up with the presenters. Thank them for the presentation. Share your specific interests and why you want to work at their company. Let them know what job/internship you applied for.