Through the School of EECS we offer the INSPiRE Industrial Affiliates program — a convenient package approach to university relations, providing access to our most popular programs, all in one spot. Being part of INSPiRE gives your organization the opportunity to:
- Develop relationships with students and faculty in the School of EECS.
- Attend student engagement events for EECS majors and meet potential hires.
- Post job and internship openings.
- Use INSPiRE to increase your organization’s on-campus visibility.
- Network with other industry professionals.
- Plus access university staff who can facilitate your connection with faculty and students.
Annual memberships are affordable and based on the size of your company. Please contact us for details on how to become a member. Small business and government rates available. Members can access:
1) Admission to EECS Student Networking Events
- Space to talk with students at the October and February Networking Nights.
Held the evening prior to the OSU Engineering Career Fairs, the October and February events are targeted recruiting opportunities designed to provide a venue where you can connect with students at the Corvallis, Oregon campus and share about your organization.
- Space at both the June and December Career Showcases (held in Portland, OR)
These events are networking opportunities with our online students who have already completed a Bachelor's degree and are pursuing a second Bachelor's in Computer Science.
2) Resume Books
The School of EECS generates resume books annually, but you must be an INSPIRE member to get one. Resume books cannot be purchased.
3) Capstone Senior Project
All EECS Seniors must complete a Capstone Senior Project to graduate. The projects last September - May and expose students to the challenges of engineering design and project management. Capstone and Senior Projects are a wonderful way to connect with a team of seniors while gaining visibility with other students in the course. The program offers tremendous mentoring opportunities, plus a chance to see if the students are a good fit for your organization.
4) Company Day/Office Hours
Bring a team of representatives to campus for half a day and meet our students! This informal venue allows students a place to drop by and meet your company as they have time, ask questions, learn about career paths, and find out more about your organization. Please consult our Corporate Relations office to select a day/time.
5) Logo Opportunities
Members have their logos displayed on our website and the welcome monitors located in our building (including the monitor located at our building's cafe).
6) Membership on the School of EECS Industrial Advisory Board
EECS INSPiRE members are invited to join our annual Industry Advisory Board. Board members have the opportunity to share feedback and advice on our research and educational programs. Plus many members enjoy the opportunities to network with faculty and other board members.
For more information or to ask questions about how an INSPiRE membership might help your organization, contact Tina Batten in Corporate Relations at email@example.com.