The School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Oregon State University provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art education that prepares our students to be successful in engineering practice, advanced studies and research. The Oregon State advantage is recognized by leaders in industry.
Our undergraduates experience hands-on education and a culture of innovation, and we have one of the largest graduate programs within the university. Our top-ranked faculty have research programs that span the following areas:
Electrical & Computer Engineering
- ABET accredited programs leading to B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering or B.S. in Computer Science.
- Year-long capstone senior design course with industry sponsorship and participation.
- MECOP internship program (places selected students in industry for two different six-month internships).
- Unique program in computer science that is the only one in the nation that offers a bachelor’s degree online for post-baccalaureate students and can be completed in one year.
- 3,579 enrolled students.
- Approximately $450,000 in scholarships awarded by EECS to undergraduates each year.
- Strong graduate programs leading to M.S. and Ph.D. degrees.
- 524 enrolled students.
- Apply to EECS graduate programs.
Diversity and Inclusion
Encouraging women and underrepresented minority students in the field of engineering is important to educators and industry alike. Our faculty, who serve as mentors to the students, have diverse backgrounds and experiences, and are motivated to increase the diversity of undergraduate students. Visit our Diversity and Inclusion page to learn more.
We also work closely with the college’s Center for Diversity and Inclusion which has many support services such as academic advising, study tables as well as opportunities to network with faculty.
Living in Corvallis
Corvallis is a small, friendly college town that is consistently ranked high for livability. In 2013, it was ranked at the #5 best college town in the nation by the American Institute of Economic Research, the 12th best small place for business and careers by Forbes Magazine, and one of the top five cities for entrepreneurs by Entrepreneur Magazine. An hour’s drive of the Pacific Coast and two hours from the Cascades and high desert, Corvallis is an ideal site to live and work. Visit our Life in Corvallis page to learn more.