Applying for Admission
- Application for Graduate Admission is found at: https://oregonstate.force.com/AppLogin. Materials must be submitted electronically; paper applications are not accepted.
- After official admission notification some materials must be submitted by mail only and should be sent to:
- Mail the following to: Graduate School, Oregon State University, Heckart Lodge, 2900 SW Jefferson Way, Corvallis, OR 97331-2121, USA; 541-737-4881; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transcripts: One official transcript from all previous academic work, undergraduate and graduate (grade slips, web printable transcripts, or reports will not be accepted). To be official transcripts must be issued directly by the school and arrive in our office in an unopened envelope.*
- *Current and former Oregon State University students are not required to provide OSU transcripts.
- International Official academic records: Oregon State requires official academic records and statements of all degrees earned from all institutions attended after high school. Academic records should arrive in our office in a sealed envelope issued by the school and should bear the original stamp or seal of the school official responsible for issuing such records, such as the registrar or controller of exams for that institution. Faxed, scanned, and notarized copies are not considered official and will not be accepted. Records certified by lecturers, professors, or any other school officials who do not hold primary responsibility for maintaining the academic records of the institution will not be accepted.
- Translations: Academic records from non-US institutions are expected to be in an official language of the country in which they were earned. English language translations are also required. We will accept literal (not interpretative) English translations from any qualified translator, and they should be sent in addition to (not in lieu of) the official academic record.
- Note for applicants from India: Where possible, Oregon State requires the annual mark sheets and degree statements issued and certified by the university issuing the degree, not the affiliated or constituent college attended. Mark sheets issued by colleges are accepted only when university mark sheets are not yet available. Do NOT send intermediate or higher secondary school records.
- International applicants must also upload the following documents upon admission:
- Official TOEFL scores will need to be submitted electronically to the Graduate School prior to the start of your first term of enrollment. The Graduate School will be able to electronically confirm IELTS scores.
- One photocopy of official GRE scores. If admitted, official scores must be received by the Graduate School prior to the start of your first term of enrollment.
- Financial certificate with supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. (International applicants, please read Finances and Funding for International Students at OSU.) The financial certificate can be sent later after the admission decision is made.
- Transferring to OSU from Another School
We do not have a separate application procedure for applicants who are currently pursuing a graduate degree at another university and want to transfer to our graduate program. These applicants should follow our normal application directions. Information about transferring credits can be found in our course catalog: catalog.oregonstate.edu.
- Reapplying to our Program
- If you previously applied and your application was rejected, we encourage you to reapply if you have made successful progress with your language scores, have an improved GPA, or have additional work experience. Offers of admission will be made on a case by case basis by EECS faculty.
- If you previously applied and your application was accepted but you declined the offer that term, you are encouraged to reapply for the next Fall cycle. You will be considered for admission with all applicants for that term.
- To re-apply you must submit both the OSU and EECS online applications again and update any documents that are now incomplete or expired. The Graduate School retains application materials for two (2) years.
- All questions regarding documents previously submitted must be directed to the Graduate School.
- Visa Questions
The visa process does not begin until after an applicant has been admitted by both the School of EECS and the OSU Graduate School.
All visa questions should be addressed to the Office of International Services.
Office of International Services
Oregon State University
1600 SW Western Blvd - Suite 130
Corvallis, Oregon 97331