Join us on October 26th & Network with Industry!
Student Registration Opens October 10th
- Visit Student Registration. If a company you are hoping to connect with does not appear in the drop down menu, it means that company's break-out sessions have already been filled. Please choose a different break-out session.
- Upload your resume. Your file will be only be shared with our Industrial Affiliates.
Any EECS student can submit a resume - even those who are unable to attend the event.
Before the Event
- Research the companies beforehand and come prepared to ask questions. (See the "About the Companies" website.) This event is a great opportunity to find out more about companies, what it's like to work there, what they look for in a job/intern candidate, etc.
- Apply online at the organizations that interest you. Be aware that when meeting companies, they often ask if you have submitted your resume online.
- Go to Career Services. They can help sharpen your resume, improve your interviewing skills and even give you wardrobe tips.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. Having an on-line profile is just as important as having a hard copy of your resume. (You should have both.)
Please note, all times are approximate.
4:45-5:30 pm: Student Meet-and-Greet. Mingle with the companies over appetizers and refreshments.
5:30-6:00 pm: Short Program & Introductions. Each company will give a 30-second introduction of what their organization does.
6:00-6:10 pm: Move to Meeting Rooms.
6:10-6:30 pm: Session 1. Meet with first company (your assignment will be on the back of your name tag). Come prepared with your questions so you can find out if this company is a good fit for you. You can also use this time to find out what the company is looking for in new hires.
6:30-6:40 pm: Students Transition to Session 2. Companies Remain in Assigned Areas.
6:40-7:00 pm: Session 2. Meet with second company (your assignment will be on the back of your name tag).
7:00-7:10 pm: Students Transition to Session 3.
7:00-7:10 pm: Students transition to Session 3.
7:10-7:30 pm: Session 3 - Meet with a third company.
7:30-7:50 pm: Wrap Up & Pack Up - Chat with any companies who you wanted to meet with but haven't talked with yet. If you are hunting for a job or an internship, talk to as many relevant companies as possible.
What to Expect @ the Event
- Come dressed in business casual attire.
- Arrive between 4:45 and 5:30 pm in the KEC Atrium to pick up your name tag.
- Your company meeting assignments will be on the back of your name tag. If an assignment is with a different company from the one you signed up for, make the best of things and use this as an opportunity to broaden your horizons.
- Make as many connections as you can. The people you meet today, may be able to help you tomorrow. Keep in mind, you can also stop by the company's meeting room after the event ends and see if they have time to talk to you then.
- Some organizations will ask if you’ve submitted a resume to their company website, others may ask for an actual hard copy.
- Ask for advice. Ask industry reps for feedback on your resume, interview tips, what they look for in a job/intern candidate, or any other career-development input they might have.
- Do NOT leave early. The organizations attending this event are expecting to see you. (Make prior arrangements with the event organizers if there are extenuating circumstances.)
Feel free to contact us.