- About EECS
- The EECS Experience
- Research Overview
- Research Areas
- Research Facilities
- Technology Transfer
- Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Online Library
- Industry Relations
- Company Registration 2013
Professional Computer Science B.S. Degree – Online for Post-Bacc Students
This program in computer science is the only one in the nation that offers a bachelor’s degree online for post-baccalaureate students. It is geared to individuals who have a bachelor’s degree in any field, so no previous computer science training is required. The goal of the program is to provide a computer science degree that matches the needs of of businesses seeking computer science professionals. The program is offered by the School of EECS and delivered by Oregon State’s Ecampus.
Unique and Flexible Features
- All the courses in the program are offered every term, so students can start any term
- Students will take 60 credits of computer science courses in order to graduate. No general education courses are required.
- The program offers students with a choice of 1-year, 2-year, 3-year or 4-year track options.
Advantages of an Oregon State University Online Degree
- All classes are developed by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Online students receive the same diploma as on-campus students.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world.
Career Exploration and Networking
The program integrates and emphasizes career development through projects, weekly newsletters and career networking opportunities with company recruiters.
The program is enriched with a database of videos of industry representatives speaking about their jobs and the projects they work on, the importance of skills like collaboration and communication, and lessons they learned in school that help them in their current jobs.
Additionally, twice a year the online students can attend a Career Showcase where they have the opportunity to interact with industry recruiters from over 20 companies. The full gamut of industry is represented — from large established companies to start-ups, in areas as diverse as healthcare to entertainment.