Applicants are highly encouraged to complete applications at least two weeks earlier than the posted deadlines in order to allow time for processing, advising, and other preparations for the start of classes. Due to capacity issues, applicants may be denied or have to defer their admission application to a future term. Students applying closer to published deadlines should consult with the School of EECS
Please make sure that all of your application materials, including transcripts from all colleges attended, are received by Oregon State University’s Admissions Office by the admissions deadline. Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed by the admissions review committee.
Applications must have a statement of objectives of 150-200 words. Statement of objectives should include information about academic and professional preparation for the program, including academic background, any prior CS experience, math foundation and performance, and goals.
Applications for the one-year track are accepted in Fall, Winter and Spring terms only. Applications for all other tracks are accepted any term.
No applications will be reviewed or accepted after the following deadlines. Pre-requisite coursework must be completed at the time of application.
||Deadline to Apply
||Admission Decision Release*
||Deadline for Acceptance Confirmation by Student**
||August 1 – September 5
||November 1 – November 30
||February 1 – February 28
||May 1 – May 31
*Students will be notified of their admission status by the Office of Admissions.
**Students are required to confirm their admission acceptance by completing the program advising surveys.
Note: if a deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the application deadline is automatically extended to the next business day.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree
- Math course requirement (applicants must meet one of the following):
- College algebra or pre-calculus (must be equivalent and transferable as OSU Math 111 College Algebra) with B or above grade
- College statistics with a C grade or higher
- Calculus or above course with a C grade or higher
- AP calculus test scores of 3, 4, or 5 may be used to meet the math requirement (be sure they show up on your undergrad transcript or send test scores to Admissions Office)
- Placement test scores are not accepted for the math requirement
- 2.25 accumulated GPA requirements
- Personal statement of 150 to 200 words describing your academic and professional background, interest in computer science and career goals
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission
- Please make sure you are up-to-date on your math skills
All degree-seeking students applying to Oregon State University (OSU) go through our online application process
. This includes setting up a login account, filling out the online application form and paying a nonrefundable fee. Students will be applying as a distant post-baccalaureate
According to university requirements
students cannot earn a post-baccalaureate degree in the same field as their original degree.
Please use OSU Transfer Course Search
if you have questions regarding a math course equivalency to Math 111 or above.
To get more information about the program you can contact the School of EECS
*Admission requirements are subject to change.