- About EECS
- The EECS Experience
- Research Overview
- Research Areas
- Research Facilities
- Technology Transfer
- Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Online Library
- Industry Relations
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the EECS Office/Advising Office?
Both are located on the first floor of Kelley Engr. Cntr. directly across from the Cafe.
How do I schedule an appt. with an Advisor?
- Online (must be an OSU student): http://eecs.oregonstate.edu/undergraduate-students/academic-advising
- By phone: (541) 737-3617
- Or by visiting the EECS Office
How do I add a CS major/minor or ECE major?
You will need to meet with an advisor to complete a Change of Major form.
How do I switch my Option in CS?
You will need to meet with Calvin Hughes (Advisor for CS) to change your option.
What is considered a passing grade?
All courses that are required for your degree in either the Pre-Professional Program or Professional Program require a grade of “C” or higher.
Courses that are considered Baccore ONLY* require a grade of “D-“ or above.
*Courses that are required for the Pre-Professional or Professional program but also fulfill a Baccore requirement require a grade of “C” or higher. (Ex. CS 391 counts in both the Professional Program and the Baccore group “Science, Technology & Society” and requires a grade of “C” or higher to receive credit in the Professional Program).
How do I apply to the Professional Program?
Applications for Fall admission are available online from April 1st – July 1st. Contact an advisor to find the link to applications and review the qualifications for applying to the Professional Program.
Can I take a Professional Program Course while I am not in the Professional Program?
Students may petition into no more than 4 Professional courses (no more than 2 per term) before entering the Professional Program. However, petitions are granted on levels of GPA, previous completed CS courses, remaining Pre-Professional courses and the chances of acceptance into the Professional Program; therefore petitions are rarely granted.
How can I get an override into a ECE/CS course?
Students must complete an override form, obtain instructor’s signature, and return the form to the EECS office.
We cannot give overrides for any course not labeled ECE/CS/EECS. If you need an override for another course then you must get department approval from department that controls that course.
How do I find an internship or job?
- Browse and read the webpage: Internships & Jobs
- The EECS weekly lists the most current openings (on the Internships & Jobs page)
- Explore the MECOP program and its website (on the Internships & Jobs page)
How do I get into Grad school?
- Review the information on the EECS website under Graduate Students and Prospective Graduate Students.
- Review the admission requirements for OSU Graduate Students.
- Talk to a Faculty member about graduate school and about possible research opportunities.
- Talk to an advisor about plans and further steps to take.